Wednesday, February 23, 2011

And the dissapointment begins....

Shyler has been taking a community class of Ballet. Today we were running late and I still hadn't made dinner, so I dropped her off, watched her run in to class and then I raced home to make dinner and then the plan was to pick up up. Let me note that either Cole or I have been at every class and sat for the hour and watched, never leaving her, but I thought this time I'd hurry home, make dinner and then come back before class was over and watch the end. Also then Shyler wouldn't have to wait for me... Well I got back to the class 45 minutes later and parked. As I stepped out of the car (it's dark by now), Shyler comes running up crying. I was confused, because 1- I told her to stay in the building and wait for me after class, and 2- class should not have been through... Then i panicked and thought, "oh my gosh, she had class tonight, didn't she!?" Well yes, she had class, but apparently they got out early...and Shyler conveniently forgot my direction to stay in the building, and had been waiting outside. I don't know how long, but it was long enough to panic her. I hugged her and got her in the car and she proceeded to cry and tell me how Cole and I missed her "graduation". Today was the last day of the class! OMG! I felt horrible!!!! She told me that she had gone back inside and told the teacher I wasn't there, and the teacher reassured her that she wouldn't leave before I came...but then Shyler went back outside!
Shyler is still visibly upset that we didn't make it to her "graduation". And I couldn't help but tear up when we first got home and I explained to Cole what happened. We feel terrible. :(

3 comments:

Andrea said...

How sad. Hopefully she forgets about it in a few days.

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Awww :( It's always the one time you leave them that things go wrong, sorry Kendra!!!

Nate said...

Oh my gosh that is so sad!! I am sooooo sorry!!!