Monday, April 7, 2008

Stitches and Glue


Stitches

Stitches

Glue Job

Glue Job

Ok, so about a month ago...I posted our little ordeal about going to the ER with Easton and getting stitches...Well last Thursday I got a call while at work from Easton's daycare...He had fallen or been pushed, (they weren't sure) and had hit his face on the edge of a rocking chair...Cole went and got him and we determined that he would again need stitches!! So he took him to the ER again! Well luckily this time they decided that they'd try and glue it together to avoid putting him out again (I was happy about that!)..I ended up needing to meet Cole at the hospital to bring a diaper and I got there just in time for the doc to come in and begin...A male volunteer held Easton's head, a male nurse also held his head and attempted to hold the gash together..cole was holding his arms and chest, and I ended up needing to hold his legs since he was kicking! He was SOOO mad! He was screaming and trying to get loose. Poor guy! It took about 5 minutes and they finally felt like it was secure enough, however the glue was a messy job! Easton was so upset, he kept screaming "done, done!" before they had actually finished...After a few minutes he was able to calm down and he was fine before we even left the hospital. He's doing great, but I just don't know how I can handle raising a boy! I swear he hits his head every day! (if you can see in the picture, on the opposite cheek he also has a HUGE bruise (from falling TWICE on the same spot!) I was sure the hospital was going to call DCFS on us!!

4 comments:

Dani said...

oh man what i have to look forward to!! caleb is already trying really hard to roll from back to front. if he walks at 8 months like blake did, i am in trouble!!

Jill said...

I swear Easton was just born! He looks like such a big kid now! Craziness!!!

steph said...

I don't notice anything in those pictures but his big blue eyes!!! Boys are different then girls...a lot more active. Parker has never had stitches and I don't know how that has happened....just a matter of time.

Hillori said...

Kendra, I just found your blog, I don't know how I didn't find it before, but how cute!! I was just reading about Easton's stitches and glue, poor kid. It reminds me of when Ashton was little. I swear I was going to make him wear a helmet and football gear everyday just to stop all the visits to the doctor for concussions and stitches! But thankfully, he has gotten more careful with time...