Thursday, July 10, 2008

Trip to Washington














So my 10 year Reunion was coming up so we had to go to Washington. Cole had to stay home because of work, so my awesome friend Tasha volunteered to go up with me! We had a great time. We took 2 days to drive up so we could stop at the Columbia Gorge and stay in Cascade Locks, Oregon. Tasha is a photographer (http://www.justimaginephotography.com/) and she wanted to stop there to take pictures. We had a good time there hiking up to a waterfall and just enjoying the beautiful scenery of the Northwest. I didn't realize how much I had missed it until we were there.



The following day we drove the rest of the way to Anacortes, WA where we caught the ferry. This was Easton's very first ferry ride, and the first one that Shyler remembered. They loved it.



The next few days we spent running around the island visiting people and going to various reunion events. It was so fun to see all my highschool friends and to see how people have changed. Tasha loved my friends too and enjoyed the trip as much as me.



But it was also great to be home. I missed Cole and the kids also wanted to see their daddy. We flew home (we had driven my brother's car up to him) and this was also Easton's first airplane ride. (and again, Shyler's first that she remembered) so they both liked looking out the windows. Easton however wanted to stand up and push all the buttons and turn the lights on and off and he did not like it when he had to sit down and be buckled in!



It was a good time though. I'm so glad I was able to go!

2 comments:

The Mecham Family said...

Sorry for the crazy picture order...i need to do better on that...

Andrea said...

Great pictures!