Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Mechams have been busy!

The nightmare that is our "outside" laundry room returned...The drain was backed up and our washer was draining all over the laundry room floor and into the garage... great! Luckily we have some great plumbers (official ones too) in Cole's family and his uncle Frank and cousin Scott came over Saturday and helped us replumb the bathroom upstairs and also move the washer and dryer to the basement. WOOHOO!! No more freezing my butt off to go do laundry!

My little plumber in training. He got his tool box out and everything!Funny story: So Easton's room upstairs has a trap "door" in the closet that exposes the bathroom pipes which lead down into our storage room. Well uncle Frank had opened that "door" up to get to the pipes and then gone back to the basement working on stuff. Easton and Shyler were having fun yelling/looking down the hole as Frank and Scott worked... Well at one point I was in the basement talking with them. Frank was up on a ladder under the hole/door thing and Shyler was talking and teasing him from inside Easton's room.. Well Frank was laughing, but then I heard him say, "Hey! Don't poke me with a stick!" Shyler had gotten a walking stick from Easton's room and was telling Frank "Down!" and poking him through the hole! hahahahaha. Frank laughed, we all did. But I think it was kinda getting on his nerves too, afterall he was working! hahaha.
Shyler's Room
Yes, yes...it's still not done! But we are SOOOOOOOO close!!! Cole and I spent the weekend priming it, and last night I painted it white. I still plan to do an accent wall, but I think I'll work on that after she's moved in! So tonight we'll be putting some trim on and moving her in! Yay!






2 comments:

Sassy Salsa girl said...

That sucks about your flood, is awesome that you won't freeze your butt, and hilarious about Shyler, and cool about Shyler's room. Did I cover everything? Lol!

Andrea said...

Congrats!