Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Family Walks/Rides

Yesterday I decided that our family needs some fun togetherness/exercise activities... So after Cole left for work (had to work graveyard), I leashed up the dog, strapped the kids helmets on and we went to Grandma and Grandpa T's house. The kids rode their bikes (Shyler without her training wheels again!) and I walked Zoey. The beginning of the ride was a bit rough, and Shyler struggled with her balance, and took a few tumbles. And of course I played the mean, mean mom and forced her back on the bike, and not too nicely. :( We eventually made it, and I had called my grandparents before we arrived, so when Shyler rode up, they were outside waiting for her. I think it made all the difference.
On the way home, we stopped at a friend's house who we haven't seen for months since our ward split. The kids had so much fun being chased around by their son (he's about 17 and LOVES Easton!) and I visited with my friend and we talked families and kids... It was so nice.
I think I'll keep up the tradition and do nightly walks. You should try it too....

2 comments:

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Good for you Kendra! While the weather is nice we might as well take advantage :D

Kel said...

KENDRA! I follow your blog religiously. I love and admire you and your beautiful, beautiful family.