Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Things get interesting when the sun goes down...

Do you ever sit on your porch at night and just observe the neighborhood? If you are like me, you hole up in your house, go about your nightly routine and never think much about what is going on out in the dark....
Last night I was talking with my neighbor and as we were out in my front yard, moon shining down on us... It seems we have quite the happening neighborhood after dark! Teenagers racing up and down the street in their noisy and annoying trucks (Seriously, one truck went back and forth about 10 times over the course of an hour). Cats wandering about. We saw neighbors taking evening walks with flashlights. And do you realize how visible you are to people outside when you are in your house with the lights on? hahaha.... makes me think twice about walking through my kitchen at night semi-clothed...are my shades thick enough...doubt it... hahahaha.


4 comments:

Hillori said...

my house is like a fishbowl! and I know what you mean about the trucks!!! It makes me want to put speed bumps in, just to discourage the racing... but dusk is defintely my favorite time of the day.

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Yep, gotta love good blinding blinds ;D Lol!

Andrea said...

Haha. It was fun talking with you out there, even though I think the wind made me totally congested.

Tara Oliver said...

hm, wise words for us neighbors. :) you're right, though. try it in the early AM sometime - very very quiet. and not as many lights on. :)