Sunday, October 3, 2010

Losing a Friend

Cole and I went to the funeral for a friend of ours yesterday. This friend took his own life, after a long struggle with immense physical pain. It happened Monday, we found out Tuesday. And throughout the week, each time I thought about what his wife was going through, it broke my heart.
I expected to be a complete mess at the funeral, but I wasn't. Not too bad at least. Cole thinks it was probably because we didn't get to see him (the line to the viewing beforehand was so long, we never got in before the needed to close the doors for a family prayer and then proceed with the funeral).
The service was incredible. His wife sang a beautiful song. She did amazing and seemed so strong and at peace. I envied her. I know I could never show that kind of strength. The feeling in the chapel was peaceful and loving. Everyone had such incredible memories to share of their time with him.
I am grateful to have a testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ, that through him we may all be together again even after death. This was a such a reminder that every day matters and the choices we make to follow Christ are so important.

3 comments:

Jennyfuur said...

It sounds like it was a very peaceful goodbye.

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Sad

Tara Oliver said...

sorry to hear about your friend, Kendra. that's sad. :( I'm glad it was a nice service though.