Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Giving Back and Easton's new "magic teeth"

My work has a Humanitarian competition going on where we are placed in competing teams and each team is trying to beat the others by raising the most money or logging the most service hours.
This last Saturday, the kids and I took a walk and picked up a bunch of litter on the sides of the street. I was surprised how much we picked up in less than 1/2 mile!

It's no secret my son has inherited my terrible teeth... :( In the end of 2010 he had some molars extracted and yesterday he had to have metal spacers put in to keep all the teeth from shifting into the wrong spaces. We've switched to a new dentist, Dr. Chamberlain and we love him! They did a great job with Easton yesterday. (Even if I was suffering an anxiety attack and had to leave the room while they worked on him....thank goodness for Cole being an incredible dad and hubby, and he stayed with Easton through the whole thing. Thanks babe!!)
It took a couple hours for the medicine to wear off (he took an oral medicine that made him really loopy and out of it during the procedure). I gave him ibuprofen just once yesterday and now he's doing great. No pain, no problems. :)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so glad you found a great dentist. We just tried a new one too. I actually have to go in tomorrow for my first fillings. I'm a bit scared, but I sat with Zoie when she's had her fillings and it didn't seem bad.

Jennyfuur said...

I had a dream last night that all of my teeth started falling out. lol I hope your new dentist is great and you do not have any teeth fall out. Poor Easton!

Tara Oliver said...

wow! the poor guy. I'm glad he's doing better, though!!
and how great that you guys did that service!!