Thursday, June 20, 2013

Girls Camp 2013

This year I was Camp Director for our ward's Young Women Girls Camp.  I was called in the Fall and began looking for places to hold camp.  Our ward had been to Bennion Creek (our stake's property) for 2 years in a row, and were dreading a 3rd! I check Heber Valley (booked), checked a bunch of surrounding church properties/camps, but with no luck.  I was running out of options...I turned to the world wide web...googled- LDS Girls Camp Locations, and found an online conversation.  One of the women mentioned Reid Ranch... so I looked in to it. Looked amazing! Staying in a lodge, food being served to us, horses, archery, etc.  I was a little nervous on the cost, but I got it approved.  YAY! I had a great assistant to work with and over the months we worked on camp certification requirements with the girls, and planning and prepping for camp.
June 10th, we set out from the church with the girls...We had an amazing time, and I was so happy with how the days went.  Love these girls and the women I get to work with!

















No comments: