Monday, March 9, 2015

No more baby teeth

Shyler is now 100% baby tooth free.  She will get her braces put on in 1 month.  April 7th.  This last week we went to the dentist for cleanings and he told her she had 2 weeks to pull her last baby tooth which was being pushed out of the way by the adult tooth coming in to the side. It needed to come out, but wasn't quite loose enough for her.  He said to work it hard and he thought she could get it out by the orthodontic consult in 2 weeks.  After hearing that the cost for him to pull it would be $60, I made Shyler a deal- get it out before the weekend was over and I'd pay her $20. After that it would be $10 if she could do it herself.  So this week I've been reminding her to keep wiggling it, and I have done it some and it was coming along, but not quite there.  Last night I reminded her it was her last chance to pull it for $20.  She let me wiggle and twist it, but it was hurting and she stopped me. So we sent her off to bed and said we'd just have to try later...
10 minutes later...upstairs she comes crying and holding her mouth, in her other hand is the tooth.  And although it didn't have a root- it sure had some length to it which she had to rip down out of her gums! I felt horrible!  But once I helped her with gauze, she admitted that it no longer hurt.  But I still felt bad that I had "forced" my child to pull her tooth that was still a bit tight in there. lol.

No comments: