Thursday, April 30, 2009

Me and My Green Smoothie

Ok, So here is my breakfast. Kale, Apples, Banana, Apricots, Water, Flax Seed and some Protein Powder,...Oh, and I ended up adding some frozen strawberries. YUM!
I'm way behind on the health craze, but now i'm IN and Green Smoothies ROCK! You get the dark leafy greens and can't even taste them! I woulda bought Spinach and tried it first, but it was pricey, and kale was cheap, so I took my chances. Last night was the first one I made, and we just used Strawberries, Banana, Kale and Apricots (oh, and water and flax seeds and a little Agave Nectar for sweetner), and it was DELICIOUS! The kids loved it! I think I liked that one better than this morning. I can't wait to try more fruits! Maybe Mango!



4 comments:

Amber said...

You looked amazing the other day!! Does it really taste good?

The Mecham Family said...

Yea I think it's good... I made a new one this morning..
Spinach, Banana, Strawberry, Flax Seed, Water and Sweetner (Agave Nectar). It was the best one so far. The spinach is much milder than the Kale I was using... You should try it!

Sassy Salsa girl said...

I am not surprised your kids liked it, but I am surprised that they tried it. Its green! I have a feeling Bear would take one look and say: "That looks sicko Mom" Lol!

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Oh by the way, I have about six weeks left till I am due. Yikes!