Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Covered in sheetrock mud and eating cookies...

My Mother...Do It Yourself-er

My Sister Kim...Do It Yourself-er

Me...............NOT a Do It Yourself-er

So we are currently "mudding" the sheetrock in Shyler's room. Have you ever done this? If so, you can totally empathize...it SUCKS! Yes, SUCKS!

Really I don't have a lot of room to complain, Cole has done 90% of the room so far without me. I've been trying to catch up on housework and keeping Shyler's piano practicing up and homework...(I know, excuses)... Seriously though.

Ok, so tonight I thought, I'll go down and sand the mud so it will be all ready for Cole to do another layer. Oh what a sweet thought...

I did get a little done before he came home, but I didn't do a very good job...and I HATED it and once he arrived, all I did was complain about it until he kindly sent me upstairs to take care of the kids. And because I hated it so much, I don't even feel super guilty! Gasp! I'm terrible!

Seriously though...it's TERRIBLE and I am DREADING any further house updating we do. I don't know if I can handle it! AAARGH!

Here is our not very far along room...
I can't believe I seriously thought that this project would be quick! The sad (and super scary) thing is that we have an ENTIRE house that needs this updating... Oh the pain!

No comments: