Monday, August 15, 2011

This morning's conversation with my 7 year old

Rrrinng rrringg...
Me: hello?
Daughter: mom, where's the straightener?
Me: I brought it with me
Daughter: *irritated groan* but you have two!
Me: I know, I brought them both
Daughter: *even more irritated groan* why!?
Me: because I needed both
Daughter: *beyond irritated, bordering on end-of-the-world groan* Now I'm going to have a bad hair day!!!
Me: *laughing, full out guffaw, that my 7 year old just said that*
Daughter: *Click*
She hung up on me! Hahaha

7 comments:

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Lol!!!!!

Lindsey said...

Wow I didnt even know 7 years old could straighten their hair...or even cared about bad hair days lol!

Unknown said...

Love it...but I have to ask - why do you need 2 straighteners??

The Mecham Family said...

Well one is like 2-2 1/2 inch plates, and one is like 3/4 inch plates, so I mainly use the big one, but sometimes I need the little one to get the little fly-aways by my face. :) Good question ;)

Jennyfuur said...

hehe

Andrea said...

I thought you had written strainer (like a colander). I think it may have been even funnier to think that Shyler's world was ending because she couldn't drain something. :)

The Mecham Family said...

Andrea- yes, shyler is an aspiring gourmet chef and couldn't imagine her morning without her strainer. hahahaha