Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Colors

Last Saturday, the kids and I were going to attend the Hare Krishna temple's Festival of Colors...but when I arrived at the fairgrounds for the shuttle and was waiting for cousin's Jenny and Sarah to arrive with jenny's kids...I could not believe the MASSES of people riding the shuttles out and walking to the temple...It was a bit overwhelming for me, and I totally wussed out at the last minute and took the kids swimming instead (Shyler's choice).
Jenny had made us some bags of colored corn starch for the festival, that she had graciously still given to us, even though we didn't actually go...So Monday night for Family Home Evening, my mom came over (Cole was in Colorado) and we dyed eggs, and then went in the back yard and had our very own Festival of Colors!






8 comments:

Andrea said...

How fun-I thought the pictures on FB were from the real deal, but it looks like it was fun in your yard!

Sassy Salsa girl said...

What do you do at the festival of colors? And where did you go swimming?

Kel said...

CUTE IDEA!! There were too many people for my taste as well. I can't handle it. Ha ha. You kids are the cutest.

Kel said...

*Your kids* not you kids.

The Mecham Family said...

Thanks guys.
Rose- I'm not exactly sure what they do at the Festival besides dance to Indian music and through colors around...I think it's a celebration of Spring or something...I should google it...
And we went swimming at Springville Pool.

The Mecham Family said...

Not "Through"... THROW. sorry.

Unknown said...

That is so much fun!!! I wanted to go but we had a bunch of other things to do. I think I might try one at home!!! :)

Tara Oliver said...

ooooh so THAT'S the story behind the colors!! I was wondering if you went or if you were just creative. too cute.