Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Adventures in Dentistry

Here I sit... Waiting while my son comes out of the anesthesia.
The emotions I have lived in just 4 short hours!
Easton awoke this morning with a big smile on his face and a hug for me. MELT MY HEART!
The car ride over he was not scared, almost excited! SO PROUD!
Waiting an hour after our appointed time at the dentist..slighty ANNOYED..
Holding Easton in my lap while they gave him the first initial shot of anesthesia and he cried in pain. SADDENED.
Holding my son while the drugs took effect and his eyes glazed over and his breathing slowed- HORROR
Handing him over to the Doctor-PAIN
Rushing to call Cole from the car-Complete Meltdown!
Now holding my baby in my arms waiting for it all to wear off...RELIEF and more LOVE than I could ever imagine...

3 comments:

Andrea said...

So many emotions. Hopefully now you can rest.

Nate said...

Anesthesia is scary! Glad its over!

Sassy Salsa girl said...

That's how motherhood is an emotional roller coaster. Couldn't have described it better myself. :D