Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Child abuse

My children think I don't feed them.
The moment we arrive home in the afternoon/evening- they inform me that they need a snack. I then inform them back that I am going to make dinner

Usually this is followed by an annoying whining and pleading that I pretend not to hear (sometimes I give in)

Then after dinner, we go through the same routine before bed...

Yesterday Shyler and Easton ate all their dinner. I was SO proud of them! A few hours later while I cleaned up and asked them to get ready for bed... the whining began... Shyler was begging me for some food. I told her, you already had dinner- you'll survive... After 5 minutes of back and forth arguing- I finally had her on the way to the bathroom to brush her teeth and she yells back to me, "I'll DIE!" and I said, "No- you won't die, you'll be fine!"... "No!" she replies, "I will starve to death if you don't give me any food"

I didn't feed her. Call the police- apparently I'm starving my children to death.

5 comments:

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Lol!!!

Sassy Salsa girl said...

I'm dialing, I'm dialing right now! ;D

Unknown said...

haha...my mom always told me "hungry is the same as tired now go to bed." I hated it when she said that but she was right. And now I say it to my kids. Go figure!

Megan said...

That is hilarious! We have the EXACT same argument at my house 3 or 4 times a day.....Sometimes they are so adamant I wonder if they actually do think they are going to starve to death. I keep thinking that one of these days I am going to count how many times I get asked for something to eat WHILE I am making dinner. My guess is at least 10.

Tara Oliver said...

that's too funny.