Saturday, August 7, 2010

The coolest place ever

This is the living room where i made thousands of childhood memories... you know what's so great!? It's never changed! I love it! This is my Grandma and Grandpa's house. I've always loved it...

Same couches I've always known...and still comfy! How do they keep everything in such great condition!?

How awesome it this turquoise oven!!?

Pretty retro birds...My grandma's favorite color is yellow...

Checkout that thermometer above the phone! I love the illustration, so 1950's

This is their storage room. I have never seen anything so awesome in my life. My grandparents live off their garden year round! The buy milk and bread at the store and that's pretty much it...Skills like that are slowly dying out....I know I don't have them!

I love old appliances, checkout this awesome freezer! Now that's quality!

I love the old books and chair I found in one of their empty bedrooms...

This table- I WANT it! Seriously if I could pick one thing in this house to have it'd be this table. I LOVE it!

My grandpa is a master woodworker- he makes the coolest things. His basement is now filled with kid tables, desks, folding stools, calendar holders, marble ramps/games, book shelves, marshmallow throwers, pencil holders...You give him an idea and he goes crazy with it! He's amazing!

I love this old vacuum...and it still works!

And the highlight of a visit to Grandma and Grandpa's...ice cream on the patio! Check out the spoon! I guarantee that is the first and only set of silverware they've ever owned...and check out the retro tabletop as well...it's their old dining room table! Nothing goes to waste here!

My children now get to make these memories to last their lifetimes...I hope the memories are as dear to them as they are to me.


4 comments:

lauren brimley said...

Basically I need that oven in my life!

Sassy Salsa girl said...

You didn't take a picture of the swing! How could you leave out the swing! ;D

Andrea said...

What a sweet post.

Monica said...

Your post made me cry. I have been missing my grandma and grandpa a lot lately. Your grandparents house may look different, but looking at the pic instantly transported me back to my grandparents house, the smells, the sounds, etc. What a blessing for your kids to be able to experience that.