Friday, August 13, 2010

Tri-Fit Challenge

Our stake did a Tri-fit challenge, where they challenged the women to do 3 events (or 1 or 2). Walk 1 mile, Bike 5 miles, Run 3 miles. I chose to go for all 3.
I began the walk with my friend and neighbor Andrea and we walked pretty quickly. We then got to bikes. The first pic is the two of us just starting out (thanks to Andrea's hubby Matt for the pics). Pretty soon though, I had to leave Andrea behind (sorry!) but my road bike goes a bit quicker than the mountain bike she was on...so I was off... It wasn't a race, but being my usual self... I couldn't help the competitive feeling... I finished the bike and was off for the run leg.. OY... the canyon wind was KILLER! Like Andrea said later, she felt like she could have walked quicker than jogging against the wind... and I totally agree... but I jogged the whole time (minus a few steps at the water station).. I was really happy with my performance, I finished 4th (but at least one of the people that finished before me, hadn't done all 3 events).
Funny story actually... as I was running, a woman ran by my and I didn't see her face, but once she passed, we were both running about the same pace...and I thought, this'll be good, I'll just keep pace with her and it'll help...well she began going quicker and I just couldn't keep up and eventually she had gotten pretty far ahead...I finish the run and who walks up to me but my aunt Racheal who doesn't even live in Utah! Then I see what she's wearing and she was that woman that ran by me!! And here is the funny part... She knew I was ahead of her on the run somewhere and she was trying to catch up to me! haha. She passed me without recognizing me! Too funny... I wished I would have known it was her, it would have been fun to run together!
The whole event was really great! Our ward won several awards for Most participation and some other things! Great job 13th! Can't wait to do it again next year!



2 comments:

Andrea said...

I think it's so cool that you came in 4th. I have no idea what place I came in since they weren't keeping track. I wonder how many people did the run. At least I was 2nd out of our ward. :)

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Cool, sounds like fun :D